The Canby Area Chamber of Commerce is actively searching for a new Executive Director. The Executive Director guides activities of the Chamber as an effort to promote business, industrial and job development as well as civic improvements in the community. The main focus of this role will be member growth through increased membership and improved retention, member benefits and programs, and economic development.
REPORTS TO: Canby Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership Growth and Retention
- Develop methods to solicit new members, corporate sponsorships, and increased attendance at chamber events.
- Participate in membership and sponsorship sales.
- Implement strategies for member retention including establishing personal rapport with businesses through regular communication (e.g., site visits, phone calls, emails, etc.)
Events and Member Benefits
- Develop programs and opportunities to enhance member benefits and equip businesses with the tools necessary to succeed.
- Plan, organize, and oversee a range of services and events to better showcase business and community leaders while promoting the Chamber of Commerce.
- Coordinate, attend, and lead monthly luncheons, ribbon cuttings, membership 101, workshops, and other chamber related events.
- Promote projects and activities that support business development, grow tourism, and strengthen partnerships with local governments.
- Advocate for laws and ordinances which benefit local businesses while maintaining a strong community.
- Build partnerships with other organizations that further the objectives of the Chamber.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Serve as the principal spokesperson and ambassador for the Chamber at business and community events, meetings, etc.
- Coordinate development of print and online publications, newsletters, materials, press releases, etc. to better support and promote members and the Chamber’s mission.
- Manage the Chamber’s website and online social media presence.
- With approval of the board, develop an annual budget for the Chamber’s operations that delineates projected revenues and expenses and a projected net profit as appropriate.
- Oversee the general finances of the Chamber and monitor Chamber’s fiscal condition while operating within budgetary limits.
- Develop, lead, and direct Chamber’s fund-raising strategies and capital campaigns.
- Oversee the management of chamber staff including hiring, firing, performance reviews, salary and benefits administration, policy and general supervision.
- Promote a working environment of excellence, external and internal collaboration, and professional standards for the organization.
- Pursue best practices in leadership, management, and professional development.
- Direct the annual and long-term planning process.
- Develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the Board.
- Prepare agendas and materials for Board meetings and oversee organization of Chamber’s Annual Retreat.
- Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job functions or as assigned.
Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills. Effective written communication skills. Strong customer service skills. Outstanding time management and event planning skills. Strong ability to foster teamwork and collaboration between/among Board members, staff, Chamber members, community leaders, elected officials and strategic committees and organizations. Strong executive and supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor. Passion for collaboration and networking. Excellent skills in community consensus building.
Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyze organization performance and to project financial performance. Ability to perform cost-benefit analysis of proposed ideas, projects, and events. Ability to work a wide and flexible range of business hours, including overnight travel on an occasional basis. Ability to motivate others to be champions of Chamber initiatives. Strong commitment to personal growth. Commitment to the best business practices for the Chamber. Must always represent the Chamber in a professional and positive manner.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required; or comparable professional training and experience attained through military, industry, or association service.
Management/executive level experience in a business-related field or other leadership position, including supervision of professional staff and oversight of finances is a priority. Previous Chamber management experience preferred. Working knowledge of local, regional and state-level political systems and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas is a plus. Minimum of 3 years P&L responsibility.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canby, OR 97013: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Canby, OR 97013
SEND RESUMES: Attention Dr. Ashley McFerron at firstname.lastname@example.org